Petition to the House of Representatives
To the Hon. Speaker of the House of Representatives and Members of the House of Representatives
Urgent call to support
Senator Eric Abetz in his open confrontation of totalitarian regimes
Please sign the petition 请签名: https://www.change.org/SupportSenatorAbetz
We express grave concerns at the unfounded attacks against Senator Eric Abetz for his open confrontation of the Chinese Totalitarian Regime.
● We are alarmed by the accusation that “racism” was the driving force for Senator Abetz’s valid questions posed at the October 14 Senate Inquiry.
● 我们对10月14日阿貝茨在参议院听证会上提出的合理问题被人指控为“种族主义” 驱动，表示震惊。
● The three witnesses at the inquiry participated in “individual capacity” as Australian-Chinese. Their views do not represent the entire community and subsequent accusations published in the media should be viewed with caution.
● They acknowledged that the ruling Chinese Communist Party (CCP) has a dismal human rights record, yet stopped short of condemning the regime - a point the Senator Abetz made in context and without disrespect to the witnesses.
● Condemnation of the CCP is not racist. The unfounded attacks on Senator Abetz have misled the public and members of Government.
● The CCP is not a democratically elected government, and the Chinese people are the very victims of the regime. Over 70 million Chinese nationals and overseas Chinese died of the CCP brutality.
● It appears that like many other Chinese Australians, the three witnesses were reluctant to express their view due to their fear of the CCP, which demonstrates the CCP’s infiltration in Australia have reached an alarming level.
Request for Action
1) Acknowledge condemnation of any totalitarian dictatorship, including the CCP, to be necessary when protecting Australia’s sovereignty and democratic values.
2) Ensure the safety of the Australian citizens by identifying any false representations of racism which compromises social cohesion.
Australian Values Alliance